It has been some time in the making but things fall into place for a reason and this July, Adelaide’s Wing Defence unleash their debut EP, Friends. A fitting name for this duo’s offering, the Friends EP is a great look at the connection between these songwriters and musicians and their growth as creatives.
Since their debut release Stuck back in 2018, Wing Defence quickly became one of Adelaide’s most exciting new exports, winning praise at BIGSOUND, Groovin’ The Moo and Laneway Festivals, as well as on stages supporting the likes of Polish Club, The VANNS and more. With SA Music Awards, a deal with European label Dock 7 and acclaim from national radio and online outlets under their belt, the early chapter for Wing Defence was a strong one.
The six track EP, featuring previously released songs in Relocate, Weapons, Hindsight and Listerine, smacks with bright pop-punk energy, putting Skye Walter and Paige Court’s talents as storytellers front and centre. A record of maturing, learning through experience and growth, Wing Defence are united as ever in creating music that represents all facets of themselves.
Check out the video for Relocate
Here’s five things you didn’t know about Wing Defence (one for each live performing member)
1) Skye doesn’t talk in cars. She always sits right at the back of our 7 seater when we go on tour because she likes to look out the window and reflect on life.
2) Paige loves pancakes with Vegemite on them.
3) If you see Miles at the pub with a beer in his hand, it’s not beer, it’s Kombucha.
4) Benny used to have the same hair as Paige… but a bit more Afro.
5) Anthony has a new obsession with indoor plants and currently has a total of 29.
Compiled by Rob Lyon