Pet Shop Boys To Release ‘Smash – The Singles 1985-2020’
Pet Shop Boys announce the upcoming release of SMASH – The Singles 1985-2020 – the complete collection of their singles from across 35 years of the duo’s acclaimed career.
Available in a variety of formats, the collection will be released on June 16 via Parlophone and is available to pre-order now HERE. The package includes all Pet Shop Boys’ hits starting with their debut single West End Girls and continuing through such iconic tracks as Love comes quickly, It’s a sin, Always on my mind, Being boring, Suburbia, Opportunities, What have I done to deserve this?, Rent and Heart.
Hit singles released between 1993-2003 include Go West, Se a vida é (that’s the way life is), New York City boy, Can you forgive her?, I don’t know what you want but I can’t give it any more and Single bilingual, while songs released in the most recent period of their career include The Pop Kids, Monkey business, Dreamland, Love etc., I’m with Stupid, Vocal and their most recent single I don’t wanna.
SMASH The Singles 1985-2020 will be available in a variety of formats including 3CD box set, 6LP vinyl box set and digitally, as well as two special limited edition formats available exclusively via the Pet Shop Boys’ store – 6LP white vinyl box set and 3-cassette box set. A 3CD/2Blu-ray edition will also be released which includes the complete video collection of the singles.
Pet Shop Boys commented: “As we start work on a new album, and later this year continue our ‘Dreamworld’ greatest hits tour, it seems like a good time to take stock and bring together every single we’ve released.”
Ahead of SMASH, Pet Shop Boys will publish the 2023 edition of their ‘Annually’ book on April 14. This year’s 64-page hardback book will include an exclusive CD EP titled Lost, comprising four tracks recorded in 2015. The songs will also be available on digital platforms in mid-April. From May, the duo will play more dates across the UK and Europe as part of the Dreamworld: The Greatest Hits Live tour. The shows include a date at The Eden Project in Cornwall and headline performances at Primavera Sound in Barcelona, Madrid and Porto.
CD/ Digital/ Streaming track listing
- West End girls
- Love comes quickly
- Opportunities (Let’s make lots of money)
- It’s a sin
- What have I done to deserve this?
- Always on my mind
- Domino dancing
- Left to my own devices
- It’s alright
- So hard
- Being boring
- Where the streets have no name/I can’t take my eyes off you
- DJ Culture
- Was it worth it? (7” Version)
- Can you forgive her?
- Go West
- I wouldn’t normally do this kind of thing (7” Version)
- Yesterday, when I was mad (Single Version)
- Paninaro 95
- Se a vida è (that’s the way life is)
- Single bilingual
- A red letter day
- I don’t know what you want but I can’t give it any more
- New York City boy (US Radio Edit)
- You only tell me you love me when you’re drunk
- Home and dry
- I get along (Radio Edit)
- Miracles (Radio Edit)
- Flamboyant (7” Mix)
- I’m with Stupid
- Minimal (Radio Edit)
- Numb (Single Edit)
- Love etc.
- Did you see me coming?
- It doesn’t often snow at Christmas (New Version)
- Together (Ultimate Mix)
- Memory of the future (New Single Mix)
- Vocal (Radio Edit)
- Love is a bourgeois construct (Night-time Radio Edit)
- Thursday (feat. Example) (Radio Edit)
- The Pop Kids (Radio Edit)
- Twenty-something (Radio Edit)
- Say it to me (New Radio Mix)
- Dreamland (feat. Years & Years)
- Monkey business (Radio Edit)
- I don’t wanna (Radio Edit)