Music From The Home Front Album
“Anzac Day is special in Australia and New Zealand. It starts out sombre, millions gather at moving dawn services, reflecting in silence and paying tribute to the men and women of our armed forces. The haunting bugle sounds of ‘The Last Post’ remind us of our commitment: “Lest We Forget”. The COVID-19 pandemic provided cause for a similar mix of sombre reflection and meaningful celebration. Frontline workers in health and essential services were emerging as the soldiers of this war against COVID-19.
Families and communities were finding new ways to connect and feel closer than before, there was an overwhelming feeling that we were indeed ‘All In This Together’, which became the opening song of the show.
We had just nine days to pull together Music From the Home Front. A show this big should take months. I am so proud of the results, humbled by the reaction to our incredible musical talent, and now so pleased to bring you this album to commemorate that special night.” Michael Gudinski, CEO of Frontier Touring and Chairman of the Mushroom Group
Mushroom Group is thrilled to announce the release of Music From The Home Front on double CD, triple vinyl, and digital download. This unique compilation of iconic songs and classic covers was recorded and broadcast for the premiere Anzac Day virtual concert event of the same name.
The double CD is to be released in Australia on Friday June 19. The triple vinyl version, which will be pressed on 180g premium coloured vinyl, individually numbered and presented in a deluxe gatefold sleeve, will be released on Friday 31 July (subject to change). Each and every copy of the triple vinyl that is pre-ordered will be signed by Michael Gudinski – a true collector’s edition release. And in a subtle touch of irony, it was a triple vinyl release that kick started Mushroom Records with the legendary Sunbury triple set in 1973!
Music From The Home Front is available to pre-order now.
100% of profits from Music From The Home Front are going to Support Act – Australia’s only charity delivering crisis relief services to artists, crew and music workers as a result of ill health, injury, a mental health problem, or some other crisis that impacts on their ability to work in music. Support Act which was established in 1997 to provide members of the music industry with breathing room to get back on track when they have hit a rough patch.
Music From The Home Front features exclusive contributions and collaborations from the cream of Australasia’s musical crop including Jimmy Barnes with Ian Moss and Diesel, Crowded House, Tones And I, Missy Higgins and Tim Minchin, Vance Joy, Bliss n Eso and Kate Ceberano, Mark Seymour and James Reyne, Delta Goodrem and Colin Hay, Dean Lewis, Guy Sebastian, The Rubens, DMA’S, and many many more.
Music From The Home Front
CD and digital album out 19 June 2020 through Bloodlines
Vinyl album out 31 July 2020
Available to pre-order here
Music From The Home Front track list:
- Michael Gudinski – Welcome Speech
- Jimmy Barnes – Working Class Man (feat. Diesel)
- Ben Lee – We’re All In This Together (feat. Jack River & Lime Cordiale)
- The Wiggles – Handwashing Song
- Tones And I – Forever Young
- Mark Seymour – Throw Your Arms Around Me (feat. James Reyne & Hannah and Eva Seymour)
- James Reyne – Reckless (feat. Mark Seymour)
- John Schumann and The Vagabond Crew & Archie Roach – I Was Only 19 (A Walk In The Light Green)
- Bliss n Eso – Moments (feat. Kate Ceberano & Vince Harder)
- Crowded House – Don’t Dream It’s Over
- Dean Lewis – Be Alright
- Paul Kelly – Every Day My Mother’s Voice (feat. Jess Hitchcock)
- The Rubens – Live In Life
- Jon Stevens, Andrew Farriss & Isabella Manfredi – Never Tear Us Apart
- Delta Goodrem & Colin Hay – Down Under
- Vance Joy – Lay It On Me (Smartphone Isolation Version)
- Missy Higgins & Tim Minchin – Carry You
- G Flip – About You
- DMA’S – Better Be Home Soon
- Lee Kernaghan – Spirit Of The Anzacs (feat. Amy and George Sheppard & Jon Stevens)
- Shane Howard – Solid Rock (feat. Vika & Linda, Emma Donovan, Troy Cassar-Daley & William Barton)
- Guy Sebastian – Battle Scars
- Birds Of Tokyo & West Australian Symphony Orchestra – Unbreakable
- Vera Blue – Regular Touch
- Jack River – Fool’s Gold
- Jimmy Barnes & Ian Moss – When The War Is Over (feat. The Barnes Family)
- James Morrison – The Last Post