Nine-time GRAMMY Award-winner Sheryl Crow gives another glimpse into her highly-anticipated collaborations album entitled THREADS with the release of Prove You Wrong featuring Stevie Nicks and Maren Morris. Watch Crow and Morris’ performance of “Prove You Wrong” during the 2019 CMT Music Awards last week.
THREADS is due out August 30 through The Valory Music Co (via Universal Music Australia).
Crow wrote the fierce anthem of empowerment and joins forces with two strong female artists – double Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Nicks and GRAMMY favourite Morris. Prove You Wrong has the sound of her trademark rock classics, yet speaks to the current moment in time for women.
“Stevie exudes art, she is at all times authentic. She’s the sister I don’t see enough, but she never leaves my heart,” said Crow. “I invited Maren to perform on ‘Prove You Wrong’ with Stevie and I because she belongs in our ‘club’ of strong female rockers who tell it like it is.”
Admired musicianship abounds even beyond the notable vocals with the driving guitar of Waddy Wachtel, longtime sideman to Nicks, Keith Richards, Linda Ronstadt, James Taylor, Warren Zevon and Jackson Browne; Country Music Hall of Famer Vince Gill and rock legend Joe Walsh.
“This is where my story begins; in the imagination of a young girl from Missouri who began to feel a part of a beautiful and inspiring universe of art, created by musicians who made me want to leave my small town and embark on something bigger than anything I could possibly imagine.” muses Crow. “As I became a mother, I’ve explored life through my children and seen the greater impact of our actions and voices. This collection is the THREADS of both my inspirations and younger artists carrying the torch for humanity with their stories.”
Over the weekend Crow performed Still The Good Ol Days with Joe Walsh of the Eagles on the Graham Norton Show to mark the beginning of the pre order.
THREADS Track listing:
- Prove You Wrong (featuring Stevie Nicks and Maren Morris)
- Live Wire (featuring Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples)
- Tell Me When It’s Over (featuring Chris Stapleton)
- Story Of Everything (featuring Chuck D, Andra Day, and Gary Clark Jr.)
- Beware Of Darkness (featuring Eric Clapton, Sting, and Brandi Carlile)
- Redemption Day (featuring Johnny Cash)
- Cross Creek Road (featuring Lukas Nelson)
- Everything Is Broken (featuring Jason Isbell)
- The Worst (featuring Keith Richards)
- Lonely Alone (featuring Willie Nelson)
- Border Lord (featuring Kris Kristofferson)
- Still The Good Old Days (featuring Joe Walsh)
- Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You (featuring St. Vincent)
- Don’t (featuring Lucius)
- Nobody’s Perfect (featuring Emmylou Harris)
- Flying Blind (featuring James Taylor)
- For The Sake Of Love (featuring Vince Gill)